Thursday 31 July 2014

Rubber toe mould!

Well this was an eye opener... Attempting to cast my toes using RTV silicone from Polycraft. Earlier on I sculpted my toes with Sculpey and baked them in the oven. I have sprayed them and the mould tin with silicone release.


Mixed the 2 part silicone mix together, and poured into my mould tin. I suspended them by skewers and random equipment so that I was able to define how far from the bottom the toes sat. 



So open both kits and mix together thoroughly. Throw away the piece of junk wooden stir stick it comes with as it'll snap in no time. Mix til both become one colour. 






Sadly I then realised half of the silicone I bought wouldn't be enough. So had to break into the second half of the kit, oh now what should I do with the spare mixture ... Not enough to do the other toes... So....


Time to make some bandolier box moulds!! If I can make these out of foam all the better eh! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment