Tuesday 10 June 2014

Hackling - more hair loss!!


So I created a device called a hackle.
I drilled holes in a piece of plastic, and stuck nails through them, the piece of plastic is then screwed to a block of wood! I used industrial velcro on the back to stick it to the carpet, and it works a treat!

Essentially this makes a giant comb. I use  this to rune the hair through to blend it. 

I think you need to run it through the ends first to take all the knots and kinks out (you lose a lot of hair!!)

Once that's done hold very tightly at one end and whip the other end through the hackle . I do this about 5-6 times before rotating it around. As you are holding one end really tight it isn't going to blend much until you let it go and swap over :-)

Before

Hackling

Finished result #27 on the left and #6 on the right - the centre is the blended one! Works nicely :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment