Tuesday 10 June 2014

Making a draw card on the cheap!

So, hackling is the art of blending hair colours together. But how do you hold that hair after it's blended? Like a boss that's how. 

If you try and latch hook picking up pieces of hair from your newly blended pile , you get all sorts of strands interlocking and grabbing each other . It's a nightmare!! You have hair in your soup, and on your person. Seriously I'm talking 9" hairs hanging from your flies which are hard to explain to visitors!

So what you need is a hair drawing card . Essentially this is a rubber/flexible mat with teeth that allows you to clamp the hair down. This lets you pull hair from the sides without grabbing the rest and saves you the embarrassment of persuading the postman you don't have dread locks down there...

I spent £8 on some pet grooming brushes and a cheap door mat with a rubber back. To be honest they were a bit small but did fine.


I took the toothed side off 



I stuck them to a piece of rubber mat I cut out, and I made 2 of them to clamp together!


Simples!!


No comments:

Post a Comment